The Delicacy of Life


When I took my first flight, I remember that a million deep thoughts flashed through my mind and vanished. One of those days when I had more than 60k thoughts flashing through my mind, which is scientifically an average number of thoughts a person can have in a day. It was, of course, a window seat clubbed with the excitement of solo travel. We were now flying over the white clouds in the clear blue sky. The sun was bright. I looked out and was mesmerized by the beauty of whatever I could capture. Then came a moment when it struck me for everything looked so small, almost negligible. Like most people, I realized that we, perhaps the smallest intelligent beings in the universe are so tiny that we might not even be 1% valuable to anyone over and above our materialistic circle of humans, and the plastic world.

I realized that the bitterness and the ego we keep holding on to our entire lives have no efficacy at all. The regulations we create to synchronize everything, in fact, limit us. But ironically, courageous are people called when they fight to liberate and think beyond this cocoon. I realized that we are all humans and that this is our reality, we’re going to live and die here. The plane landed, and soon I was back to the same old life.

What stuck with me was the reality- the delicacy of life, just Another Day in Paradise. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts